Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Thought

Growing up, my mom used to call me Jackrabbit. My dad was John and I was Jon, so there had to be some way to differentiate between the two. My initials were JR so, it seemed only right to make my nickname fit my initials, and thus the Jackrabbit was born.

My nickname wasn't just an endearing term, but a sort of temperature gauge to let me know whether my summoning was positive or negative. If I was the Jackrabbit, dinner was ready, mom wanted to hang out and talk, or I had done something praiseworthy. If she used my first, middle and last names in sequence, I may want to act as though I was not within hearing distance so as to avoid the consequences of whatever it was I had done.

So this blog is "Thoughts from a Jackrabbit". Truthful, and real, with as much of a positive spin on things as I can achieve... after all, I am the Jackrabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment