Sunday, April 10, 2011

BONAIRE

Here I am in Bonaire with my dad. We are celebrating his 1 year anniversary from getting his new kidney. Yes, my dad is an organ transplant guy. Dad and I were huge divers back in Florida and when his kidneys decided to quit, his diving had to slow down.
This is trip is like a second chance at life, second chance at diving second chance at just about everything. We drove to Atlanta together and then flew straight south to a little country that is just off the coast of Venezuela. Their major industries are salt and diving. It's this tiny little desert island that caters to divers and just about everything here helps divers from all over the world have a good time. The first thing dad and I did was have a cheesburger. According to him, we needed our CHEESBURGER IN PARADISE. So we settled into our room and donned snorkeling garb and headed into the water, which was so clear it was like floating on air. The next day we met up with an old friend of ours from FL and did 3 dives today including my first night dive... which was awesome. My favorite thing was to turn off my light and see the world of dark underwater from the lights of others and the moon. It was amazing. At one point, dad and I came upon a small wreck and both turned off our lights. By waving my hand in front of my face, I could see the glow of phosphorescent organisms that literally glow in the dark when disturbed.
My writing right now is distracted because there are a lot of distractions going on conversationally. I'll write more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment