Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day... something.

Usually on dives I stay above the group a bit shallower, so today at one point I decided to hit some deep water. Most of the walls go from 20ft and drop off straight down to over 100ft. Let me remind you that I am also breathing nitrox which greatly improves my chances of not getting bent. All this to say I shot for the bottom of the wall just to see how deep it really went. At 109ft, I heard the divemaster use his little quacker and looked up to see him telling me to come back up with the group. They were all hanging out at about 55ft, so I was a little ways away, but I could still see them just fine and the max depth on the dive was supposed to be 100ft and there was no way he could have known I was at 109! Nonetheless, I ambled back up the wall like a scolded dog and spent the rest of the dive above the group at about 25ft to get some of that excess nitrogen out of my bloodstream... don't worry, I was still well within the safe limits of plain air, let alone Nitrox. All this to say, I am being safe, and having a great time as well. I don't mess around with the bends and am always keeping well within the regular safe areas for plain old air, even though I am using Nitrox the majority of the time. Sorry if all that tech stuff is confusing.Greg has been taking a lot of great underwater pictures with his 3k$ rig. He will be sending those to us when we get home. These pictures were taken with my $100 point and shoot that has a max depth of 12ft. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment